Courtesy of Sam Arfer
1. Lay out your favorite form of chicken (dark meat, white meat, bone-in, wings, boneless) in a baking dish.
2. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and bake at 350 until almost done (chicken must be cooked to an internal temperature of 165).
3. While it’s cooking, whisk together these three ingredients:
– 1⁄4 cup soy sauce – 1⁄2 cup honey
– Hot sauce to taste (start with a tablespoon)
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for a few minutes more.
5. Serve to an appreciative crowd and accept compliments graciously.
This sauce is also great on baked tofu!
It’s called 3 bears chicken because at Saltash Mountain Camp we keep our hot sauce, soy sauce, and honey in honey bears! At camp, this meal is typically served with a giant bowl of skin-on mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli with garlic sauce, and pumpkin pie for dessert.
This meal is especially delicious when you’ve been on a backpacking trip for five or six days!