News and Announcements
News and Announcements about Farm & Wilderness
News & Announcements
Our Vermont summer camps have incredible activities, events and social justice outreach programs that attract media coverage. Please visit this page frequently and catch up with news of our Farm & Wilderness community.
- Burlington Free Press explores How a Vermont summer camp supports LGBTQ teens with social anxiety after an isolated year.
- Rutland Magazine included Farm & Wilderness in a story about ice-cutting in the Winter 2017 issue.
- The Vermont Standard mentioned Farm & Wilderness twice in the June 30, 2016 edition, including this article and also in this one.
- Motherlode, a New York Times parenting blog, had a piece by Andrea Volpe, whose son attended Flying Cloud summer camp. Read the June 2, 2016 article here.
- Time Out New York mentioned F&W’s Family Camp in this Feb. 1, 2016 blog item.
- The Boston Globe wrote a piece on this recent Timberlake summer camp alum on October 20, 2015.
- The Vermont Standard ran an article on Farm & Wilderness’ Fair and the 75th Anniversary on Aug. 14, 2014.
- La Presse+, a Montreal newspaper, on Aug. 11, 2014 published an article on Farm & Wilderness’ as one of several camps with a No Body Talk practice. They interviewed and quoted F&W President Pieter Bohen in the article.
- TakePart, a digital news and lifestyle magazine, mentioned Farm & Wilderness in a July 2 article, The Coolest Socially Conscious Summer Camps.
- WCAX in Burlington on June 21 aired a piece about Iris Hsiang, an Essex girl who submitted a recipe that won her a trip to meet First Lady Michelle Obama. The interview was done at F&W and Iris spoke about how her passion for gardening and fresh, local food was cultivated at camp.
- The Vermont Standard ran a June 19 article about Rebecca Geary as F&W’s new executive director.
- The New York Times referenced Farm & Wilderness in a June 18, 2014 article on No Body Talk.
- The Vermont Standard published an article on June 5, 2014 written by Pieter Bohen on sustainability at F&W.
- The Vineyard Gazette, the local newspaper in Martha’s Vineyard, published an article about Rebecca Geary becoming Farm & Wilderness’ new executive director on May 22, 2014. Geary lived and taught in MV for years.
- Vermont Business Magazine named Farm & Wilderness as a Best Places to Work in Vermont 2014 with coverage in April from media around the state similar to this article.
- In the Spring issue, Wellesley/Weston Magazine featured Farm & Wilderness in an article on the “Greening of Summer Camp”.
- The Boston Globe featured Flying Cloud’s ice cutting in a 1983 photo published in its Sunday magazine on Jan. 31, 2014.
- Rutland Magazine mentioned F&W and the Hayes Foundation in the Summer 2013 issue. Read more about this here.
- The Green Mountain Club mentioned the Questers summer camp taking on Long Trail challenges on (July 13 2012) here.
- The Vermont Standard published an article on April 19, 2012 about F&W as one of several nonprofits in the region that were named as a “2012 Best Places to Work in Vermont.“
- The Rutland Herald ran an article about F&W named as a “2012 Best Places to Work in Vermont.“
- Vermont Standard ran Susan Webb’s obituary in the print edition on Sept. 29, 2011.
- An article on Farm & Wilderness in the Vermont Standard, on Aug. 10, 2011.
- Details about F&W’s carbon-reduction efforts and other issues in a Rutland Herald article on April 3, 2011.