REGISTERING FOR CAMP?
Let The Adventures Begin!
Welcome. Below you will find our summer calendar and session rates for all Farm and Wilderness overnight and day camps. Please take note of our deposit and tuition policies. If you have any questions about the summer calendar, deposits, tuition, or financial aid, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Camp Dates and Rates
Overnight Camper Dates and Rates
Get the most out of your summer: Sign your camper up for a full summer of Sessions 1 & 2 (at the same program, or split between two camps!) and receive a $2,400 tuition discount, bringing the cost of a Full Summer of overnight camp at Farm & Wilderness to $9,800!
Session 1; Wed June 29th - Fri July 22rd $6,100
Session 2; Sun July 24th - Sun August 14th $6,100
Spark 1; Wed June 29 - Sat July 9th $3,000
Spark 2; Sun July 24th - Wed August 3rd $3,000
Did you know Farm & Wilderness offers Financial Aid? Learn more here.
The Spark sessions are offered for first time 9 or 10 year old overnight campers at either Firefly Song or Timberlake camps. They’re very much still full blown overnight camp programs, geared towards letting your family see if our programs are right for your camper! Returning campers and campers 11 years or older are not eligible for Spark sessions.
Barn Day Camp Dates and Rates
Session 1; June 27th-July 1st $590
Session 2; July 4th-July 15th $1,180
Session 3; July 18th-July 29th $1,180
Session 4; August 1st-August 12th $1,180
*Barn Day Camp sessions run Monday-Friday 9AM-4PM, with an optional 1-night overnight offered at the end of the second week of our two-week sessions (Sessions 2, 3, and 4). 9 & 10 year old campers can opt into our Hawks/Ravens program, which offers a 2 night overnight trip! (Sessions 2, 3, and 4)
Deposits, Tuition, Cancellation Policies:
- Before June 1, a $500 deposit per session, per camper for overnight camp or $100 per camper, per session of day camp is required upon registration.
- We understand the deposit payment can be a large amount of money at one time. Please let us know if you’d like to set up a payment plan for your deposit by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to create a payment plan that works best for your family’s finances.
- After June 1, full tuition is required upon registration.
- Deposits are non-refundable, unless you are a campership applicant.
- Unpaid balances for any and all family members must be reconciled in order for a camper to be registered.
- It is not possible to make any tuition reduction for arriving late or leaving early.
- Payment is in U.S. currency, payable by check, echeck, credit card, or wire transfer.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Registration cancellations made before March 1st are eligible for a tuition refund less the $500 non-refundable deposit.
- Families are responsible for the full amount of tuition if a cancellation is made after March 1st, except in cases of severe illness, injury, or family emergency.
- Campership families are notified within one month of their application due date and then have two weeks from that award notification to accept the award or withdraw their registration and receive a refund of their deposit.
- There will be no refund if a camper is asked to leave during the session for an infraction of a camp rule, for disruptive behavior, or if a camper is voluntarily withdrawn.
Additional Expenses and Fees
Additional expenses and fees, if incurred, will be reflected on the invoice, along with tuition. They include the following:
If you send your child on one of our chartered, chaperoned buses, there will be an additional charge payable in advance.
The cost of shipping baggage or lost & found items home via UPS or Fed-Ex. Unclaimed items at the end of the summer will be donated to local shelters.
Medical expenses not covered by the camper health and accident insurance will also be billed to you at the end of the summer.
Financial Aid for Campers
At Farm & Wilderness diversity has been a matter of fact since our founding. Ken and Susan Webb, who opened Timberlake camp in 1939, sought to have our camps be inclusive and representative of the racial, ethnic and socio-economic diversity in our country.
Farm & Wilderness has a long history of making our camps accessible and affordable to all families, regardless of their socio-economic status through our Campership Program. This long-lived program is funded by our multi-generational community of alumni, camp families, and current and former staff who share our commitment to increasing access to our camps.
While there is no guarantee that F&W will be able to meet each family’s request for financial assistance, we anticipate making over $500,000 in awards in 2022. Our awards are made based on each family’s financial situation and range from a few hundred dollars to the full cost of camp, less a deposit. This program provides funds to families to defray the total cost of camp—tuition, as well as gear and/or F&W’s scheduled transportation shuttles, typically from Boston and New York City for our overnight camps, and from Woodstock, VT for Barn Day Camp
We strongly encourage any family interested in our camps to reach out to our Admissions team to learn more about our Campership Program. In 2021,
- Every family who applied for financial assistance received an award
- We awarded nearly 100 camperships
- The average award covered just over 50% of camp tuition
In addition to making awards directly to camp families, we also partner with intermediary organizations such as the St Regis Mohawk Tribe Education Division (NY), Anne Shore Sleep-Away Camp Program (NYC), Vermont Migrant Education Program, and Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program. We actively seek new partnerships, and if you would like to recommend an organization to us, please contact email@example.com.
The Application Process
How and when do I apply?
After you choose a session for your camper(s) and pay the deposit, you'll be taken to the forms section of our registration process. You will be asked if you’d like to apply for campership. When you choose yes, the form will appear for you to complete to apply for campership! If you need assistance with submitting an application, please do not hesitate to call or email admissions.
I have applied, now what?
Our Admissions team will submit your application to the Campership Review Committee for consideration. First and foremost, the committee considers the family's financial situation in determining the amount of campership awarded, but the process includes both consideration of the numbers as well as the narrative portions families complete, so that we may consider the whole picture when determining campership amounts.
What happens after the committee makes decisions?
The Admissions Team will notify you of the outcome of your campership application by email. If you do not hear from us within one month of completing your campership application and registration/health forms, please call us immediately. If the award amount listed meets the needs of your family, please call or write to us within 2 weeks of receiving your award amount to accept. We will then apply the campership to your tuition balance. If the amount is not able to meet the needs of your family, you may decide to cancel your registration. If you must cancel, please call Admissions within that two week response period in order to receive a full refund of your deposit and any other payments you may have made towards the balance.
- For the remainder of the spring, we will go on a rolling basis as folks apply for overnight campership. Please don't hesitate to apply!
- The first round of campership considerations are due May 15th for all day camp families.
- The campership application form appears during the registration process once you indicate you’d like to apply for financial aid. The application asks questions about the financial circumstances of all adults financially responsible for the camper and includes an upload of income verification. For most families, this is a copy of their most recent tax return. Please let us know if you need to submit alternative means of income verification and we will work with you.
- Campers on a waiting list or with incomplete registrations will not be considered by the campership committee until registration is complete. All required sections and questions in the registration process along with a deposit are required to consider a camper fully registered for camp.
- Families will be notified of award amounts within one month of their application due date. We will initially reach out via email to the camper's registration account primary user account email address. Families then have two weeks from that award notification to accept the award or withdraw registration. Deposits and any other funds paid towards tuition are entirely refundable within that two-week span, should a family need to withdraw their registration due to their award amount not meeting their needs. If the response is received after the two-week response period, the deposit is non-refundable.
Admissions Contact Information
For information on retrieving your online account information, to ask about our camp programs, or if you have questions about our registration process, please email or use the live chat on our website at any time, or give us a call at 802-422-3761. We are able to answer or return messages Monday - Friday, 8-4 Vermont time.
Enrollment Director – Sam Green
Admissions Coordinator - Jenny Rist
Everything you need to know about registering for camp
Registration for Summer 2022 is open! We are eager to welcome you to Farm & Wilderness! Whether you are new or returning to camp with us, we want to make sure the registration process goes as smoothly as possible for you. In addition, we are always happy to answer any questions or assist you with your camper’s registration. Please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat us right here!
1. Before you start
Are you new or returning to camp with us?
For new families: WELCOME! We are so excited you have chosen to join us for the summer! To register you will need to make a new online account with us.
For returning families: WELCOME BACK! We’re looking forward to seeing you again! You likely have already received an email or two about registration and how to access your online account with us. Please note: if that last time you were registered with us was 2019 or earlier, you will need to create a NEW online account with us.
2. You are ready to start your registration!
Online Registration: Our registration is primarily online. All camp selections, registration forms, and tuition payments can be done through your online account with us. However, if you are unable to complete any part of the registration process, please do not hesitate to email or call us for assistance with non-online options.
- Your registration is complete when:
All of your account information is current and accurate
- You have selected a camp session for your camper
- All registration forms are completed (required and renewed each year)
- You have made the a deposit payment. Please reach out to us if you would like to set up a payment plan for this deposit.
Confirmation: You should receive a confirmation email once your online process is complete. If you do not see an email within 24 hours and have checked all of your inboxes (including junk mail), please call or email us and we will check on the status of your registration.
3. You have completed your registration! Now what?
YAY! You are now registered for camp at Farm & Wilderness and we cannot wait till summer to see you! Until then, here are some things to keep in mind and ways to stay connected with us until camp begins.
- We will put you on the email list for all summer announcements, updates, and need-to-know information to help you and your camper feel prepared to come to camp. Please be on the lookout for these email communications so that you can stay informed. Let us know if you’d like us to add an additional email address to send these announcements to!
- If you did not pay the full amount of tuition upon registration, then please keep in mind the remainder of tuition will be due on June 1st prior to the start of camp. You may make payments of any amount at any time between the time of registration and the tuition deadline.
- You can set up an automated payment plan through our registration system. If you need to set up a more customized payment plan, please call us.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for an easy and fun way to get announcements and updates about Farm & Wilderness.
- The most up to date Family Handbook and packing lists will be set out by email prior to camp. Until those latest editions are ready, please browse last summer’s Family Handbook and packing lists to get a sense of how to prepare for the summer. Click here to view our handbooks and packing lists.
Take a virtual tour with us!
One of the best ways to see what Farm and Wilderness has to offer is to join us for a tour of our grounds. We are not currently running tours in person, but we are happy to schedule a video call with you and your family!
Gender Inclusive Summer Camp
Gender Inclusive Summer Camp Interested in learning more about Farm and Wilderness’ gender inclusive summer camps? You can learn more here.